CHARACTERISTICS OF THE STUDY FIELD
The growing market of sports management specialization offers a wide range of opportunities to service providers in the sports sector and in its individual industries. The inspiration for the creation of the Programme was knowledge and information from universities, colleges in the country and abroad.
The study is intended primarily for:
- athletes who are considering ending their sports careers and want to remain professionally in the field of sports at the level of sports activity management, cooperation in the Dual Career project,
- entrepreneurs in the field of sports who want to expand or deepen their education in the field of sports management,
- those interested in doing business in the field of sports who come from other areas,
- employees of sports associations, clubs and other organizations that need deeper knowledge in the field of sports management for their activities.
The programme is accredited by the Czech Association of MBA Schools CAMBAS, of which COLLEGE PALESTRA is a member.
The main mission of the Association is, in accordance with it’s statutes, is to „provide, maintain and further develop the high standard MBA study in the Czech republic“, including the MBA study accreditations in Czech republic. The Association’s founding was accepted by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and was recognized by the European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD www.efmd.org), based in Brussels, as an official accreditation authority in the Czech republic. The programme „Sports Management“ is accredited by the Czech Association of MBA Schools since 2018. For more information, visit: www.cambas.cz.
NEW COURSE BEGINS NOVEMBER 4TH, 2021
Dates of lectures during the 2021/2022 academic year:
- 4th – 7th November, 2021
- 2nd – 5th December, 2021 (distance study)
- 6th – 9th January, 2022 (distance study)
- 3rd – 6th March, 2022
- 31st March – 3rd April, 2022 (distance study)
- 5th – 8th May, 2022
Lectures during the 2021/2022 academic year are divided into a full-time and distance (on-line through google classroom and google meet, without the need of personal attendance) form of study. This division is in effect only if the situation regarding education and the Covid-19 pandemic is normalised. If the government regulations do not allow full-time form of study, the lectures will all take place on time in the form of distance-study.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The study program “Sports Management” suitably complements the offered Bachelor’s and Master’s study programs and expands the offer for professionals who want to be educated in the field of sports management. We want to offer our students an education that will enable them to be prepared to perform responsible positions in the management of companies or as members of work teams, where they will be valid members with the necessary decision-making or research experience, with an emphasis on sports.
The ambition of this program is to become a recognized high-quality, elective program, providing its graduates with education in sports management at a level that is competitive in international comparison, and in which leading experts in sports management from both academia and practice give lectures.
The program is implemented in a combined form of study, where students have study materials available in electronic form (e-learning).
The educational proces is split into four semesters. Education is planned for 12 education-days during the first three semesters, the days are split into blocks. The fourth semester is reserved for writing the final thesis and it’s presentation and defense. Lectures are being taught in Czech.
Schedule of the academic year 2021/2022 (in Czech)
Subjects are divided into eight basic modules:
- Thesis seminar
- Management of sport clubs and unions
- Managerial economics
- Management of sport facilities and their operation
- Marketing and communication
- Managerial skills and human resources
- Event management and marketing
Descriptions of individual modules can be found here.
Student, who has fulfilled all the required subjects and has gained the necessary amount of credits is eligible for the final examinations. Dates of the final examinations are stated in the academic year schedules.
The final examination consists of presentation and defence of a thesis, a discussion about it’s content and themes touched upon in the thesis. Each thesis is graded by the thesis supervisor, who is chosen by the student during the thesis assignment and by an external examiner.
- The thesis corresponds to the diploma thesis in it’s quality
- Thesis topic is an output of the subject “Thesis seminar”, which takes place during the first semester
- The aim is for the partial (subject) theses during the study to lead up (be a material or even a component) to the thesis itself.
Structure of the thesis project:
- Project name
- Target specification
- Project subtask specification
- Proposition of methods used in the project preparation and their characteristics
- Structure of the project’s research structure
- Schedule for the project preparation and implementation
- Proposition of the literary and information sources used in the project preparation
Course guarantor: Doc. Ing. Jiří Novotný, CSc.
- Mgr. Sascho Belovski, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Petr Bříza
- Mgr. David Cihlář, Ph.D.
- JUDr. Jan Exner
- JUDr. Michal Frabša
- Prof. PhDr. Václav Hošek, DrSc.
- JUDr. Petr Hrubec
- Doc. PhDr. Lenka Hrušková, Ph.D.
- doc. Dr. Ing. Sujit Chaudhuri, PhD.
- Ing. Robin Jirásko, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Petr Kavalíř, Ph.D., MBA
- Mgr. Alena Kindová
- PhDr. Alexandr Kliment
- Mgr. Jiří Kotáb, Ph.D.
- Bc. Martin Královič, FdA
- Mgr. Dušan Kučera, Ph.D., MBA
- PhDr. Pavel Landa, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Tomáš Mirovský, DiS., MBA
- Ing. Richard Neuwirth, Ph.D.
- Ing. Petr Slunčík, Ph.D.
- Milan Šimáček
- Mgr. Ondřej Špaček
- Ing. Jan Tichý, Ph.D.
- Bc. Jan Tománek
- Mgr. Jiří Vilímek, MBA
- Mgr. Markéta Vochoska Haindlová, LL.M.
Current information regarding tuition prices can be found on the page Tuition.
Current information regarding the admission procedure can be here: MBA Study – Admission Procedure